Ask Your Advocate – Can I give wine to my Member of Congress?


I belong to WineAmerica, why should I belong to my regional or state organization?

WineAmerica represents your interests in Washington, DC, but we cannot be involved at the state level in every state. Your local winery association looks out for your interests in the state capitol and is your first line of defense against regulatory and legislative threats at the state level.

Can I give wine to my Member of Congress?

You are allowed to donate product to the Congressional Office as long as your product is made in the congressional district and is not a direct gift to the Member of Congress, but a donation to the district office.

Questions? Contact Michael Kaiser at or 202-223-5172.

See more articles from The News Post

Circular New Logo (1)