Once again, WineAmerica is a sponsor of the successful Direct to Consumer Wine Symposium, the annual summit on wine direct marketing and sales. We encourage your marketing teams to attend.
Organized by vintners, for vintners, the fifth annual summit will take place at the Stanford Court Hotel in San Francisco on January 18 (evening) and January 19 (day).
Speakers from within and outside the wine industry will address topics such as:
· Branding in the Digital Age (Keynote)
· State of the States: What to Expect in 2012
· Taking Your Wine Club to the Next Level
· Using Video to Boost Sales
· How to Improve E-commerce Campaigns
· Training Tasting Room Staff, A to Z
The summit is an important fundraiser for the co-presenters, Free the Grapes! and Coalition for Free Trade. We have worked with these groups and other associations to increase the number of legal states for winery shipment from 17 to 38 in the last decade. Their focus on PR and litigation, respectively, has played an instrumental role, complementing industry representation in state capitols and Washington D.C.
There are several new components for the 2012 event:
- DTC Winery Check Up: This results of this research project, which aggregates DTC sales performance for 120+ wineries along 18 separate metrics, will be presented January 19.
- Video Contest: The Steering Committee will recognize outstanding achievement in video production by naming and promoting three winning winery promotional videos.
- January 18 Evening Social Mixer: A short presentation will be followed by a wine reception and mixer for registrants and sponsors at the Stanford Court.
Early registration pricing for the evening social mixer ($75) and full day of programs ($375) ends December 12. The Stanford Court Hotel’s reduced rate of $209/night expires December 18. View the program and register at www.dtcwinesymposium.com.